The PLENA Life: Awesome Açaí
Açaí bowls have exploded onto the food and fitness scene in recent years, and honestly, we can't get enough of them. For the uninitiated, this nutrient-rich berry (with origins in the Amazon) tastes kinda like a cross between berries and dark chocolate. It's the perfect pre workout snack – giving you a clean boost of energy before you hit the track or the gym, and just as good as a post-workout meal - helping the body to replenish its vital nutrients.
Some facts about Açaí:
- Açaí is one of the only fruits that is naturally sugar-free
- Has a huge antioxidant content - more than double the antioxidants of blueberries and nearly ten times that of grapes!
- Is rich in not one, but three healthy omegas: 3, 6 and 9
- Is high in amino acids and protein, and loaded with fibre for a fit digestive system
- An excellent source of plant sterols, which supports healthy cholesterol levels
- We snooped around in Arbite's kitchen (incidentally, Arbite is one of the best eateries in our hood), and got Chef Marc Wee to share his recipe for his Açaí Energy Bowl, which you certainly can try your hand at making at home!
Arbite's Açaí Energy Bowl recipe featuring Organic Amazon Açaí:
1 tsp Organic Amazon Açaí powder
100 ml Soy milk
1 or 2 tbsp Honey
Strawberries or any type of berries you love
Granola or any type of nuts for crunch
Chia seeds 1 tsp
Blitz all the ingredients for the Açaí Blend in a blender.
Slice banana and berries and place them in a bowl.
Sprinkle the chia seeds and a couple of table spoons of granola on top
Pour the blended mix of buttery goodness over
On your mark, Get Set, GLOW!
Tips: Splash a few drops of lemon juice onto the avocado flesh to prevent browning.
Organic Amazon Açaí is available at PLENA's retail corner for $55.
Find out more about Green Nutritionals Açaí on www.curaxia.com.sg
Arbite X PLENA Collaboration: Purchase any Green Nutritionals products from PLENA and get a smoothie bowl for half price at Arbite!
Check out Arbite